PHP Care Complete FIDA-IDD (Medicare – Medicaid Plan) members have access to an Emergency Room (ER) Physician, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Through a virtual visit, PHP member is treated by a Board Certified ER Physician with experience supporting patients with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities; without the need to visit a doctor’s office, urgent care center, or ER.
- Remote connection to ER Physicians provides effective medical services without having to leave the safety of the home environment, minimizing the risk of added exposure.
- Service can be reached in various ways, including a smartphone, land-line phone, tablet, or computer.
- During the visit, the Physician will assess the member, provide guidance on treatment, and prescribe medications to the local pharmacy as needed. If the situation requires a visit to the ER, Physicians will call ahead to inform the hospital of their concerns, allowing for more focused and expeditious care on arrival.
Service does NOT replace the role of the Primary Care Physician, it provides extra support at no cost to the member, around the clock, day or night.
- If a member utilizes the service, timely notification is made to their PHP Care Manager for appropriate follow up with the member’s circle of support
As part of PHP’s ongoing commitment to providing the best supports and services to our members, we have launched this program in collaboration with Station MD.