PHP Care Complete FIDA-IDD (Medicare – Medicaid Plan) members have access to an Emergency Room (ER) Physician, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Through a virtual visit, PHP member is treated by a Board Certified ER Physician with experience supporting patients with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities; without the need to visit a doctor’s office, urgent care center, or ER.
- Remote connection to ER Physicians provides effective medical services without having to leave the safety of the home environment, minimizing the risk of added exposure.
- Service can be reached in various ways, including a smartphone, land-line phone, tablet, or computer.
- During the visit, the Physician will assess the member, provide guidance on treatment, and prescribe medications to the local pharmacy as needed. If the situation requires a visit to the ER, Physicians will call ahead to inform the hospital of their concerns, allowing for more focused and expeditious care on arrival.
Service does NOT replace the role of the Primary Care Physician, it provides extra support at no cost to the member, around the clock, day or night.
- If a member utilizes the service, timely notification is made to their PHP Clinical Team Leader for appropriate follow up with the member’s circle of support
As part of PHP’s ongoing commitment to providing the best supports and services to our members, we have launched this program in collaboration with Station MD.
Notice to Patients About Partners Health Plan Participation in Health Information Exchange Operated by HEALTHIX.
Partners Health Plan participates in the health information exchange operated by Healthix. Healthix is a not-for-profit organization that shares information about people’s health electronically and meets the privacy and security standards of HIPAA and New York State Law.
Healthix can provide real-time clinical data to your physicians and providers so they can have access to your information when and where it’s needed.
This Notice is to inform our patients that as part of participation in Healthix Partners Health Plan electronically sends/uploads our patients’ Protected Health Information to Healthix.
Additionally, certain staff at Partners Health Plan are authorized to access patient information through Healthix subject to applicable consent rules. Consent to access Healthix is normally granted on an organization-by-organization basis. However, patients have the option of denying access to all organizations in Healthix. If you are interested in denying consent for all Healthix organizations to access your Protected Health Information, you may do so by visiting Healthix’s website at www.healthix.org or calling Healthix at 877-695-4749.
Information in Healthix about patients comes from places that have provided medical care or through health insurance (claims) information. These data sources may include hospitals, physicians, pharmacies, clinical laboratories, health insurers, the Medicaid program and other organizations that exchange health information electronically. An updated list of these data sources is available from Healthix. Patients can obtain an updated list at any time by visiting www.healthix.org or by calling 1-877-695-4749.
A list of the organizations that participate in Healthix can be found by visiting our website Healthix.org/directory
If you have questions, you may contact: Alicia Nelson-Jones, Compliance Officer (email@example.com | 646-883-9902)