In an effort to best support our members, Partners Health Plan is participating in meetings with the NY Department of Health (DOH) to ensure that we are kept apprised of new information on the COVID-19 vaccine program that will be shared with you and our network of providers.
Below is current information on general vaccine distribution:
- PHP members will be covered for the cost of the COVID-19 vaccine, without any out-of-pocket expense
- State and Federal governments are overseeing vaccine distribution timelines
- Vaccination for COVID-19 will be done in phases
- The initial vaccine offering will be targeted to frontline healthcare workers, in addition to residents and staff of long-term care and congregate care settings
- Later, as supplies increase, the vaccine will be made available for other essential workers and the general population (mid-2021)
- Vaccines may require more than one dose, and in most cases require completion of an applicable consent form
As further updates are received, PHP will post new items to our website, share information through our newsletter and e-mail subscriber list, and update Care Coordination teams in order to assist you. Please remain safe by washing your hands often, social distancing, and wearing a mask in public.
During these unprecedented times, PHP’s mission remains the same. Our team has always understood the unique needs of our members and will continue to be there for you to remain healthy and safe.
For more information on the State’s Vaccination Program, click here: New York State Vaccination Program
For information from the CDC on COVID-19 vaccine, including potential adverse effects, click here:
To subscribe to PHP’s newsletters & email alerts, click here: PHP Newsletters
For more information on COVID-19 & Flu Season, click here: Member Health Library