This position serves as the representative of PHP to community-based organizations, prospective members, Maximus, ARCs, Residences and others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present and explain PHP and all benefits covered by the plan.
- Increase membership by facilitating enrollment of interested individuals through enrollment broker.
- Create/facilitate events, referrals and other opportunities to discuss/present plan benefits.
- Educate potential members, providers, families, organizations.
- Visit providers, ARC facilities, IRAs, ICFs, and any other relevant agencies and organizations that serve PHPs target population.
- Conduct home visits to potential members to explain benefits and facilitate enrollment.
- Ability to speak, read and write understand Mandarin is required.
- Must possess and maintain a current New York State Health and Accident License or have acquired one within 2 months of his/her hire date.
- Six months’ prior experience working in an intellectual and developmental disabilities environment required with at least six months of prior marketing experience preferred. Bachelor’s Degree also preferred. Experience with Dual eligible, Medicare and Medicaid participants are also desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint are also required with knowledge of Excel strongly preferred.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- A strong drive to excel in a highly competitive environment is also required.
- A willingness to travel and flexibility with schedule, as well as a car and valid license to drive in New York State are also requisites.
- Community Marketing Representatives are required to travel within the 9 counties that PHP is active in as well as other areas of NY State.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements of All Positions:
- All employees shall meet PHP’s Compliance and Privacy Regulations, and attend at a minimum of one (1) hour of Compliance and Privacy educational training annually;
- All employees shall master PHP’s Model of Care and complete all training requirements within the first thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter, or as required by state and federal regulations;
- All employees are required to maintain confidentiality, protect privacy, comply with Protected Health Information regulations, and report violations;
- Perform functions as they relate to “Improving Health Care Quality” as defined in the National Association of Insurance Commissioners Supplemental Health Care Exhibit that:
1. Improve health outcomes;
2. Prevent hospital readmission;
3. Improve patient safety and reduce medical errors, and
4. Provide wellness and health promotion activities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel utilize objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer